- The cost of the coin is $15. As part of this 2020 NoVAGO series, you can earn $.50 off the cost of a ‘Cache Across Northern Virginia’ coin for each cache you find.
- Take note of the code provided in each as proof.
- To claim your coin you will need to send a list including the cache name with the date found and the associated code word to: email@example.com.
- Caches will roll out over the next few months. You can find a bookmark list here –> https://www.geocaching.com/plan/lists/BM7FFGZ?sort=name&sortOrder=asc&skip=0&take=500
NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN!
All the events and activities you enjoy throughout the year are the result of a very dedicated team, also known as your board! If you want to help give back to make NoVAGO even better, now is your opportunity. NoVAGO’s Officer Elections are fast approaching. Nominations will be open for the month of November followed by voting in December!
NoVAGO’s Officer Corps consists of these five positions:
You can find details about these positions in the NoVAGO By-laws ( http://www.novago.org/wp/bylaws/ ). Nominations will close on December 15, 2019, at which point any necessary ballots will be assembled and posted. Please send nominations directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
😎 👏 NoVAGO’s 2019 Geocache Awards 👾 🥰
Each year NoVAGO honors some of the best caches that were placed in Northern Virginia. Cache nominations and awards are a chance for you to recognize the efforts of fellow NoVAGO cachers who have placed hides that you have enjoyed. Please consider sending in nominations, we need your input 🙏
This year, we’re starting early. From now until (date to be announced) we will be taking nominations for the categories below (see this post for a description of categories). After the nomination period ends, the list of nominated caches and cachers will be consolidated into a ballot and be voted on by all NoVAGO members. That’s right, even if you didn’t submit nominations, you are encouraged to come vote. Winners will be announced at NoVAGO’s 2020 Spring Event, date TBD.
For now, the Best Other category will be used to collect Letterbox Hybrids, Earthcaches, Whereigos, and Events. If warranted, a separate category may be created on the ballot if any of those types receives an excess of nominations.
- Cache of the Year
- Best Theme/Series* (three or more caches in a series or that share a common theme)
- Best Kids’ Cache
- Most Outstanding Location/Scenery
- Most Creative Cache
- Most Physically Challenging-to-Find Cache
- Best Historical/Educational Cache
- Best Camouflage
- Best Multi-Stage
- Best Mystery/Puzzle
- Best Traditional
- Best Other (Letterbox Hybrid, Earthcache, Whereigo, Event)*
- Best CITO*
- Best Log on a Cache
- Rookie of the Year (any cacher that found their first cache after August 1st, 2018)
- Volunteer of the Year
- Cacher of the Year
*Series, Events, and CITOs sponsored directly by NoVAGO are not eligible for nominations. (Individual caches that are part of a NoVAGO series are eligible.)
1. Cache must have been published between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019, and still active as of early 2020.
2. As many nominations per category will be accepted, however try to keep it to 5 or under per category. (Many emails/form entries are fine, and you don’t need to have a nomination for each category with each email)
3. Caches must be within Northern Virginia, (NoVa will be defined as Alexandria (city), Arlington (county), Clarke (county), Fairfax (county), Fairfax (city), Falls Church (city), Fauquier (county), Frederick (county), Loudoun (county), Manassas (city), Manassas Park (city), Prince William (county), Stafford (county), Warren (county), Winchester (city))
4. We will compile the nomination submissions and you will be voting on the top nominees in each category. So the more nominations we get, the easier it will be to discern the best of the best. You do not need to have found a cache to nominate it.
You will get a confirmation email when you submit nominations via email.
Congratulations to freddiecrs, xBWx, mcgmarauders, rlobecker and ZippyFinn!