Forum

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Milestones  

Page 1 / 183
  RSS
(@coupleocachers)
Eminent Member

Do you pick your milestone caches or do you just randomly cache and not worry about!

We try to pick a few, I remeber out 100 just happend, 200 wasn't planned and 300 was planned, 400 wasn't planned.

Which do you pefer and why?

Posted : 05/01/2007 7:20 am
(@toowheelin)
Member Moderator

Although they haven't yet joined NoVAGO, Artweld (AKA TeamLerk) do support our social and CITO endeavors - and besides that, most of us know them personally...so it bears mentioning that they logged their 1100th Cache Milestone down in sunny Florida yesterday. :applause: CONGRATULATIONS to 2 very fine gentlemen cachers - may you continue the run, and may they all be fun.

Bill

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2007 12:52 pm
 WWCD
(@wwcd)
Honorable Member

wtg Pengie! :applause: :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

Congratulations on the milestone!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/12/2007 5:44 pm
(@robert)
Noble Member

Although they haven't yet joined NoVAGO, Artweld (AKA TeamLerk) do support our social and CITO endeavors - and besides that, most of us know them personally...so it bears mentioning that they logged their 1100th Cache Milestone down in sunny Florida yesterday. :applause: CONGRATULATIONS to 2 very fine gentlemen cachers - may you continue the run, and may they all be fun.

Ran into one of them at <a href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC13AFN" target="_blank">this cache</a> when it came out. :D Congrats to TeamLerk!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2007 1:16 am
(@thefirstnoel)
Estimable Member

Top hats off to the tuxedo king (:-D ), Pengie, on his milestone! Also to Ludo who did so in a questionable way??? Burning micros, Ludo?! And I also talked with Warren at the Bah Humbug event. While I learned that he had already picked up 73 before the event, was having dinner with friends, and then heading out for the night runs, I had no idea he was marking his 5,000th! Congrats to all! It's been such a year of milestones for so many, what could Santa possibly bring us that would top our double zeroes? :smt111

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2007 1:26 am
(@zygote2k)
Honorable Member

nice 2k Noel.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/12/2007 3:54 am
(@toowheelin)
Member Moderator

If you read enough on-line logs :smt024 you can really keep up on the news...and here's some -- CONGRATULATIONS TO mgsgagag who tromped his way through rain, fog, and cold to find Run With the Big Dogs - Bulldog and hit his 1000 cache milestone :smt038 Well done :smt023

Bill

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2007 11:28 am
(@foleyjcat)
Trusted Member

Noel,

A belated congratulations on your 2000th! Wowzers! I believe you started caching the month after I did. I expect to get to 2000 sometime during 2011. :)

Jack

P.S. I will never be able to get 75 caches in one day (or one week; but possibly one month).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2007 12:32 pm
(@_bbq_)
Estimable Member

TooWheelIn beat me to the announcement, but I second a big congratulations to mgsgagag for hitting #1000 on Big Dog... Bulldog. Way to go!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2007 3:36 pm
(@mgsgagag)
Estimable Member

Thanks, I'd crank out another 1000, but there's no more Big Dogs so no hurry :)

Great Caches!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2007 4:02 pm
(@cphug184)
Prominent Member

Mat, nice job on 1000. Way to pick an awesome milestone too. I love your style- I have enjoyed being your teammate on several great caches this year. You and Joe's logs always crack me up....!! Stay dry...er..stay safe at least..ok at least don't die out there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2007 4:28 pm
(@toowheelin)
Member Moderator

Well I didn't have to scour the logs 8O to find out about this Milestone...I was there :wink: It was my great pleasure to accompany cphug184 and his daughter Cachin4Hoo? today when they met Helen Hunt. Last summer, cphug184 won a Silent Auction, at the NoVAGO Summer Shindig, for a guided Helen "hunt". Today was the day for it...overcast, cool, and damp, but bright spirits. I enjoyed the conversation, the hike, and watching them make the find(s), and I am pleased that cphug194 chose this cache for his 400 Milestone. Well done my friend :smt023 May you continue the run, and may they all be fun :D

Bill

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/12/2007 4:34 pm
(@bubbaqjack)
Estimable Member

Way to go cphug184 on #400 and mgsgagag on #1,000.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/12/2007 1:09 pm
(@cphug184)
Prominent Member

Thanks 2W and BQJ- here's a funny story.

Was with 2Wheel'in while completing Helen Hunt. Came up to a stream crossing. Daughter had old sneakers- not really mud shoes, though. I had big ol' boots. I tell her to get on my back and I stomped through the creek bed and scrambled up the slippery slope on the other side. I hear 2Wheel'in chuckling as he moves not more than 15 feet downstream and makes a totally dry crossing! :oops:

"Experience is what you get 5 minutes after you needed it"- Anonymous

Thanks for another lesson!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/12/2007 3:07 pm
(@toowheelin)
Member Moderator

Thanks 2W and BQJ- here's a funny story.

Was with 2Wheel'in while completing Helen Hunt. Came up to a stream crossing. Daughter had old sneakers- not really mud shoes, though. I had big ol' boots. I tell her to get on my back and I stomped through the creek bed and scrambled up the slippery slope on the other side. I hear 2Wheel'in chuckling as he moves not more than 15 feet downstream and makes a totally dry crossing! :oops:

"Experience is what you get 5 minutes after you needed it"- Anonymous

Thanks for another lesson!!

.........and that's just one of many reasons that I'll remember that day afield most fondly. :lol:

Bill

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/12/2007 4:40 pm
Page 1 / 183
Share: