Geowoodstock X

All general topics not related to other categories

Geowoodstock X

Postby reedkickball » Thu May 03, 2012 7:23 pm

Our member Tazmasized that used to in Lake Ridge here is working with Geowoodstock folks in his new home in Kentucky. He emailed the following cache information to TwoWheelin' and me. It includes information about caches that might be of interest to anyone going to Geowoodstock. Here's his quoted information below:

The Highway 127 Power Trail: check GC34AX8 and primarily south from there.

GO UK: geo-art in a wetlands Wildlife Management Area. Check GC3FAJY, zoom out and slightly west on the map.

GWX Early Bird Meet, Greet and Hike: GC3CR6X at Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest - Beautiful place and Turtle does an awesome job. Also, Bernheim is a beautiful place with a number of good trails. (www.bernheim.org)

Bernheim Hike-Bike Pike: GC1W8C0 is a bike and hike path

Purple Heart Trailmix: GC3DKH3 in Jefferson Memorial Forest (scroll out on the map a bit). Jefferson Memorial Forest is supposed to be the largest urban forest. (www.louisvilleky.gov/metroparks/parks/j ... ialforest/)

Knob State Forest: GC394DH and zoom out on the map.

Jasmer: May, 2000 - GC28 Beveryly is in Chicago

(For Flying Moose.... GC1VWWP and GC26QNM are along a stretch of boat required caches)
reedkickball

Former Officer

Re: Geowoodstock X

Postby rufnredy » Fri May 04, 2012 4:42 am

For you Jasmer hunters … more caches …

GC93 Indiana's First Cache placed Oct 2000
GCC6 Turkey Run Stash placed Nov 2000
GCC7 Fowler Park Wilderness Stash placed Nov 2000

dave
Just because you have all the right equipment, doesn't mean you how how to use it.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not all those who wander are lost. - J.R.R.Tolkien
rufnredy

NoVAGO Board Member

Postby huggy_d1 » Fri May 04, 2012 8:09 am

rufnredy wrote:For you Jasmer hunters … more caches …

GC93 Indiana's First Cache placed Oct 2000
GCC6 Turkey Run Stash placed Nov 2000
GCC7 Fowler Park Wilderness Stash placed Nov 2000

dave

One of those Nov '00 is screaming my name!
Attachments
huggy_d1_Jasmer_May2012.jpg
[my jasmer progress]
huggy_d1

NoVAGO Member

Postby bigcall » Fri May 04, 2012 10:54 am

I guess the Yellow River Stash being OOC through off an earlier completion?
"The psychiatrist wants to know why I go out and hike around in the forests and watch the birds... They want to know what I do with my time. I tell them that sometimes I just sit and think."
Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
bigcall

NoVAGO Member

Postby huggy_d1 » Fri May 04, 2012 11:28 am

bigcall wrote:I guess the Yellow River Stash being OOC through off an earlier completion?

Absolutely correct. :( Visited the cache site and verified it had been removed. It appeared the park maintenance staff had done the removal as there were fresh chainsaw cut deadfall in the general area. Worked with the cache owner prior to the visit to see if we might luck up on the container and put it back where it belonged. No luck on that endeavor. If it had not been for a recent finder putting the cache out in the open, my Jasmer grid would be completely filled in :doh:
huggy_d1

NoVAGO Member

Return to General Discussion