Cav Scout: Banned Geocacher

All general topics not related to other categories

Cav Scout: Banned Geocacher

Postby flyingmoose » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:26 pm

Just noticed this while checking out some of his caches near where a certain TB is. Just wondering if anyone knows why? I assume It has to do with his deletion of logs but just curious.
flyingmoose

Former Officer

Re: Cav Scout: Banned Geocacher

Postby TooWheelIn » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:50 am

flyingmoose wrote:Just noticed this while checking out some of his caches near where a certain TB is. Just wondering if anyone knows why? I assume It has to do with his deletion of logs but just curious.

Pure speculation here, but he's been banned for months...and it's not the first time. May have had something to do with his "dis-satisfaction" (and how he voiced it) of the recent switch of EarthCache approval from the Geologic Society of America to Groundspeak (Geocaching.Com Reviewers). There were some discussions and exchanges in the Groundspeak Forums that went way over the line as far as the TOS were concerned. I think many of those posts were subsequently "edited" and/or deleted by the mods.

Bill
"There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive. "
TooWheelIn

Former Officer

Postby flyingmoose » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:30 am

TooWheelIn wrote:May have had something to do with his "dis-satisfaction" (and how he voiced it) of the recent switch of EarthCache approval from the Geologic Society of America to Groundspeak (Geocaching.Com Reviewers).

Have not created one in some time so I can see that causing a rift to someone who just creates them on a daily basis. Not all of them are bad and even some of his are giving people a good reason to hike in areas you cannot find a physical geocache due to park rules in TN/KY area. I think I know why they changed it from GSA to groundspeak but I doubt most people would like the truth.
flyingmoose

Former Officer

Postby LostDogsArlington » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:48 am

Ha ha ha ha ha! Oh yes, I thought so. I had a run in with him once. One of those - "walk away, its not worth it" - moments. :lol:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The_Lost_Dogs
twitter & FB: rcannon100 :: Cybertelecom
LostDogsArlington

NoVAGO Member

Postby zgrav » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:12 am

found this post on another forum. if it is true. looks like the 3 month ban is nearing its end:

* Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 09:42:12 -0700 (PDT)

I know Roy (Cav Scout) and talked to him about his 3 month suspension. He
tried to place a series of caches as "Kentucky Spirit Quest" with a note on the
description that they were not part of another series with a similar name. He
was told he could not name his caches the same as those already in the field.
This started a debate between the local reviewer and Cav Scout and it was
turned over to Groundspeak. Based on previous problems between Roy and the
local reviewers, the result was a 3 month ban. He's locked out of his profile
and his own caches. He couldn't disable them if he wanted to.
zgrav

NoVAGO Member

Postby Networkcacher » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:01 pm

This situation is one that no one will talk because reportedly Groundspeak will ban you for even mentioning the matter in the forums. Mods and posters removed most, if not all, of the related discussions to this situation. Interesting to see this come up here. The ban has been much longer than 3 months. I've been casually checking in on the situation since January. Cav Scout's account has been disabled since at least mid-January.
Networkcacher

Former Officer

Postby Cav Scout » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:39 am

LostDogsArlington wrote:Ha ha ha ha ha! Oh yes, I thought so. I had a run in with him once. One of those - "walk away, its not worth it" - moments. :lol:

LostDogArlington :liar: , I can honestly say I have never met you. Where did you run into me at? You seem like a really nice person and I think I would remember you.
Anyway :) ,

Yes I delete logs that do not follow my “easy to follow” logging guidelines and I am currently banned for that. I’ve been banned one year by BradW and to be honest it’s no big deal. I have other things to do in life like ride my Harleys, do Army stuff around the world and support the Soldiers fighting terrorism so you can enjoy the simple things in life like geocaching.

I’ve been banned mostly for petty stuff like,

Starting my own Kentucky Spirit Quest caches :D

Placing an EC listing on State land without permission, something that was quickly corrected by myself and later I was banned by the really nice guy named geoaware, Gary Lewis :evil: .

Being too strict about my EC guidelines which by the way are VERY simple :? .

I do voice my opinion and stand by what I say. Most people who complain about me, talk about me, or claim to have run’ins with me are referring to internet correspondence :shame: . Very few people have actually met me in person. I tend to geocache alone, with my good friends, girlfriend, and dog. Most who have met me in person tend to walk away as a friend.

To those of you who have never met me and only heard of me think I breath flames, shoot laser beams from my eyes, and live in a volcano :roll: .

About my ban. If I had access to my caches I would archive each one I own. Why not? It’s my hard work that went into these listings that’s been stolen or pirated by groundspeak 8O . Groundspeak likes to ban me for being who I am but they sure do love my listings and want to keep those active while I’m banned.

Once my ban is lifted, if it ever is, I will have to go through my EC listings to see if they are logged correctly which will lead to deletions, people crying, and me being banned again :roll: . It’s a lose or lose situation for me and I just don’t care anymore. Groundspeak will never get my money again and several of my friends have not renewed their membership due to what has happened with banning people.

Anyway for those you wondering why I am currently banned or banned from the past just ask me :D .
Cav Scout

NoVAGO Member

Postby TooWheelIn » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:15 am

Welcome to NoVAGO Cav Scout...I think you'll find this a very friendly place...much more so that the GS Forums :wink:

Bill
"There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive. "
TooWheelIn

Former Officer

Postby TeamObbie1-Lori » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:14 am

LOVE those EarthCaches! Dave and I are going to plan a weekend of just picking up EarthCaches.
~Lori
of TeamObbie1

"Just because it's a theme song doesn't make it not true."
TeamObbie1-Lori

NoVAGO Member

Postby Cav Scout » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:20 am

If you plan on doing any of my ECs, dont worry about the questions since you can't send me a email, instead post a picture of your visit.

Where do you plan on doing the ECs? I have plenty in Kentucky :D

TeamObbie1-Lori wrote:LOVE those EarthCaches! Dave and I are going to plan a weekend of just picking up EarthCaches.
Cav Scout

NoVAGO Member

Next

Return to General Discussion