NoVAGO Summer Heat event link
What the heck is this Silent Auction thing, and how does it work??? Well, here's a little Primer on the subject...you may want to bone up, I hear there are some pretty nifty items hitting the auction block. The Auction Catalog (below) will be updated as items are donated, please check back often.
----------- EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SILENT AUCTIONS, 5 EASY STEPS -----------
- Take note of the items that interest you and their starting values when you view the auction catalog before the event. This will help you set a limit for your spending.
- View the auction items at the event. The organizers provide a bid sheet for each item with a notation of its starting value.
- Bid on an item by writing the amount you would like to bid and place your name on the bid sheet.
- Go back periodically to the items to see whether you've been outbid. As the auction period continues, more people sign bid sheets, and the prices increase.
- Write a new amount on the next bid sheet line, along with your name, if you're willing to increase the bid.
- Wait for the closing of the auction to be announced. Please be available and ready to pick up and pay for any of the auctions items you may have won.
>> Check the bid sheets throughout the event for the items in which you're interested. Prices can increase rapidly.
>> Please remember that donations benefit NoVAGO directly. So far the Silent Auction has been our only real fund raiser, and it allows us to pay for Event pavilion rentals, and furnish the burgers, dogs, and sausages for each of our seasonal events, and covers our web hosting fees.
>> If you have an item you'd like to donate, please contact me (Ken ~~ Networkcacher) off-line either via e-mail, or PM through the forum...describe the item, and state your opening bid if you desire to have one. Do not list your donation in this topic, we'd like to keep all donations anonymous (but they don't have to be ).
>> See something you like, and plan to bid?? Then I suggest you review the list, research the item(s) you may be interested in, and remember to hit the ATM on the way to the event. As a reminder, NoVAGO conducts a "cash and carry" auction...small bills please, $1.00s, $5.00s, $10.00s and nothing larger than a $20.00.
>> Here's the event Silent Auction Catalog, I will continually update the list to add items as they are donated/received:
++++++++++++++ Silent Auction Catalog & Starting Bids ++++++++++++++
- Official GeoWoodstock 9 (GWS IX) Geocoin...couldn't go?, own a bit of Geocaching History! 7.6.11 update, now includes a Gxproxy coin too! Bidding starts at $13.00
- Guided walkthrough over coffee to solve any two (2) of Two000Miler's puzzle caches. "I will (metaphorically) hold your hand as I walk you through the solution. Or more correctly, help you get to the proper solution. You pick the coffee shop and I will even buy." Starting bid - $5
- Guided Puzzle Cache Run: your choice of a) Fredericksburg, b) Richmond, c) Frederick-Hagerstown, d) Hagerstown-Cumberland, e) Columbia, f) Baltimore - Wilmington, g) Eastern Shore, h) Southern MD. Two000Miler will provide at least ten (10) solved puzzles or puzzles to solve in the field. Date to be by mutual agreement. Up to two (2) people, so you can bid on one spot or two. If you bid on one spot, I will take the two highest bidders. Starting bid - $20 (that is $2 per cache)
- Sports Armband for iPod touch -- Premium Silicone Case + Armband (Armband is black with velcro, Case is pink) Starting bid - $5
- Twist slimline acrylic pen made of a blue, teal and black acrylic with chrome accents and a Cross style refill. Starting bid - $10
- A click bullet pen that replicates a .30 Caliber Bullet Cartridge made with 24kt gold plating and Ebony wood. It has a Parker style refill. Starting bid -$15
- A .50 Caliber (actual spent shell) Machine Gun Cartridge Twist Pen. Pink Camo style. Uses a Cross style refill. Starting bid -$10
- Local Treasaures: Geocaching Across America by Margot Anne Kelley, Starting bid - $10
- 3 "Survival Para-Cord Bracelets" donated anonymously, will be sold separately, Starting bid - $5.00 for each (they retail for much more)
- NoVAGO new logo tote bag (price on CafePress was $17), Starting bid - $8
- NoVAGO new logo mouse pad (price was $13) Starting bid - $5
- Two bags of assorted ducks, 4 per bag, (Might appeal to kids!) Starting bid - $2/bag
- Two unactivated small travel bugs (the flat stamped metal type, a parrot and a monkey) Starting bid - $3
- SmartPhone application designed, developed, and ready to be published to the marketplace of your choice (iPhone, Android, or Windows Phone 7) from content you provide. *some limitations/conditions will apply (full description at the event) Starting bid - ?????
- Unactivated Rainbow Bridge Geocoin, the two-tone Satin Silver/Black Nickel version, image link. Starting bid - $5
- Unactivated Message in Bottle "Nunc esi bibendum" Geocoin (Limited Edition: 1 of only 25 made), Starting bid - $10
- Gold-colored Space Shuttle Mini-travel bug tag, Starting Bid - $8
- Custom Zgrav cache containers fresh from the Z-Labs, Starting Bid - ?????
Check back, new items will be added regularly!