NoVAGO Summer Heat (GC2XJT2) Silent Auction Catalog

A place to discuss upcoming events around the area.

NoVAGO Summer Heat (GC2XJT2) Silent Auction Catalog

Postby Networkcacher » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:33 am

many thanks to 2Wheel'in for much of the original text in this post and Reedkickball for organizing the event! :-D

NoVAGO Summer Heat event link

What the heck is this Silent Auction thing, and how does it work??? Well, here's a little Primer on the subject...you may want to bone up, I hear there are some pretty nifty items hitting the auction block. The Auction Catalog (below) will be updated as items are donated, please check back often.

----------- EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SILENT AUCTIONS, 5 EASY STEPS -----------

1. Take note of the items that interest you and their starting values when you view the auction catalog before the event. This will help you set a limit for your spending.
  2. View the auction items at the event. The organizers provide a bid sheet for each item with a notation of its starting value.
  3. Bid on an item by writing the amount you would like to bid and place your name on the bid sheet.
  4. Go back periodically to the items to see whether you've been outbid. As the auction period continues, more people sign bid sheets, and the prices increase.
  5. Write a new amount on the next bid sheet line, along with your name, if you're willing to increase the bid.
  6. Wait for the closing of the auction to be announced. Please be available and ready to pick up and pay for any of the auctions items you may have won.

More Tips

>> Check the bid sheets throughout the event for the items in which you're interested. Prices can increase rapidly. :dancing:

>> Please remember that donations benefit NoVAGO directly. So far the Silent Auction has been our only real fund raiser, and it allows us to pay for Event pavilion rentals, and furnish the burgers, dogs, and sausages for each of our seasonal events, and covers our web hosting fees.

>> If you have an item you'd like to donate, please contact me (Ken ~~ Networkcacher) off-line either via e-mail, or PM through the forum...describe the item, and state your opening bid if you desire to have one. Do not list your donation in this topic, we'd like to keep all donations anonymous (but they don't have to be :oops: ).

>> See something you like, and plan to bid?? Then I suggest you review the list, research the item(s) you may be interested in, and remember to hit the ATM on the way to the event. As a reminder, NoVAGO conducts a "cash and carry" auction...small bills please, $1.00s, $5.00s, $10.00s and nothing larger than a $20.00.

>> Here's the event Silent Auction Catalog, I will continually update the list to add items as they are donated/received:

++++++++++++++ Silent Auction Catalog & Starting Bids ++++++++++++++

1. Official GeoWoodstock 9 (GWS IX) Geocoin...couldn't go?, own a bit of Geocaching History! 7.6.11 update, now includes a Gxproxy coin too! Bidding starts at $13.00
  2. Guided walkthrough over coffee to solve any two (2) of Two000Miler's puzzle caches. "I will (metaphorically) hold your hand as I walk you through the solution. Or more correctly, help you get to the proper solution. You pick the coffee shop and I will even buy." Starting bid - $5
  3. Guided Puzzle Cache Run: your choice of a) Fredericksburg, b) Richmond, c) Frederick-Hagerstown, d) Hagerstown-Cumberland, e) Columbia, f) Baltimore - Wilmington, g) Eastern Shore, h) Southern MD. Two000Miler will provide at least ten (10) solved puzzles or puzzles to solve in the field. Date to be by mutual agreement. Up to two (2) people, so you can bid on one spot or two. If you bid on one spot, I will take the two highest bidders. Starting bid - $20 (that is $2 per cache)
  4. Sports Armband for iPod touch -- Premium Silicone Case + Armband (Armband is black with velcro, Case is pink) Starting bid - $5
  5. Twist slimline acrylic pen made of a blue, teal and black acrylic with chrome accents and a Cross style refill. Starting bid - $10
  6. A click bullet pen that replicates a .30 Caliber Bullet Cartridge made with 24kt gold plating and Ebony wood. It has a Parker style refill. Starting bid -$15
  7. A .50 Caliber (actual spent shell) Machine Gun Cartridge Twist Pen. Pink Camo style. Uses a Cross style refill. Starting bid -$10
  8. Local Treasaures: Geocaching Across America by Margot Anne Kelley, Starting bid - $10
  9. 3 "Survival Para-Cord Bracelets" donated anonymously, will be sold separately, Starting bid - $5.00 for each (they retail for much more)
  10. NoVAGO new logo tote bag (price on CafePress was $17), Starting bid - $8
  11. NoVAGO new logo mouse pad (price was $13) Starting bid - $5
  12. Two bags of assorted ducks, 4 per bag, (Might appeal to kids!) Starting bid - $2/bag
  13. Two unactivated small travel bugs (the flat stamped metal type, a parrot and a monkey) Starting bid - $3
  14. 8-O :smt026 SmartPhone application designed, developed, and ready to be published to the marketplace of your choice (iPhone, Android, or Windows Phone 7) from content you provide. *some limitations/conditions will apply (full description at the event) Starting bid - ?????
  15. Unactivated Rainbow Bridge Geocoin, the two-tone Satin Silver/Black Nickel version, image link. Starting bid - $5
  16. Unactivated Message in Bottle "Nunc esi bibendum" Geocoin (Limited Edition: 1 of only 25 made), Starting bid - $10
  17. Gold-colored Space Shuttle Mini-travel bug tag, Starting Bid - $8
  18. Custom Zgrav cache containers fresh from the Z-Labs, Starting Bid - ?????

Check back, new items will be added regularly!
Last edited by Networkcacher on Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:22 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Networkcacher

Former Officer

Re: NoVAGO Summer Heat (GC2XJT2) Silent Auction Catalog

Postby zgrav » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:18 am

I can't imagine who was generous enough to volunteer Twomiller's time on those caches. I like this anonymous donation system. :D
zgrav

NoVAGO Member

Postby flyingmoose » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:19 am

zgrav wrote:I can't imagine who was generous enough to volunteer Twomiller's time on those caches. I like this anonymous donation system. :D

With that being said I would like to donate a Flyingmoose Geocoin, Limited Edition NoVAGO Geocoin (only 10 were made) and zgrav's time for help on solving one of his traditional caches :)
flyingmoose

Former Officer

Postby two000miler » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:48 am

flyingmoose wrote:
zgrav wrote:I can't imagine who was generous enough to volunteer Twomiller's time on those caches. I like this anonymous donation system. :D

With that being said I would like to donate a Flyingmoose Geocoin, Limited Edition NoVAGO Geocoin (only 10 were made) and zgrav's time for help on solving one of his traditional caches :)

If you are going to volunteer zgrav's time, can we get one of his puzzles? There are a couple I would still like help with. The traditionals are just painful finds. :wink:
two000miler

NoVAGO Member

Postby nighthawk700 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:21 pm

I still have puzzle help and the Seneca Witch from cphug184 from last year's auction, but with the way my schedule is flying, looks like that won't be happening. :-(
nighthawk700

NoVAGO Member

Postby zgrav » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:56 am

Perhaps folks needing help with my traditional caches are just saying that I suck at taking accurate readings when I place the cache .....
zgrav

NoVAGO Member

Postby flyingmoose » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:47 am

zgrav wrote:Perhaps folks needing help with my traditional caches are just saying that I suck at taking accurate readings when I place the cache .....

Sorry, what I meant was that you in fact did not need help solving any traditional as there is no puzzle.

Anyway, I might have a few things to add to the auction as I go through my caching things.
flyingmoose

Former Officer

Postby Networkcacher » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:24 am

Updated the catalog this morning with several new items, including some snazzy custom pens, perfectly functional bling for your caching bag! :-D

Remember donations can be anonymous, but they don't have to be! Just let me know when you send me an item to list.
ImageImageImage
Networkcacher

Former Officer

Postby zgrav » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:28 am

Sorry, what I meant was that you in fact did not need help solving any traditional as there is no puzzle.

I understood that was the comment really being made, but I wanted to use it to poke a bit of fun at myself.
zgrav

NoVAGO Member

Postby Networkcacher » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:59 pm

Updated the listing with several more items. Including a singularly amazing item - one of our talented (and good looking) NoVAGO members has offered the development of a Smartphone application as an item for the auction. :applause: We'll have full details, and some of the necessary limitations/conditions, at the event.

If you any last minute items get in touch with me! See you at the shelter.
ImageImageImage
Networkcacher

Former Officer

Next

Return to Events